Sunday, November 20, 2011

Adventure Awaits......Possibly

  The bad thing with living a mundane life is nothing exciting ever happens. It's really kind of sad actually, those who want adventure, don't really achieve any, unless they like getting into trouble, and those that don't want any trouble, or the adventure, usually end up having one.

  Is it bad that I want to be on an adventure? To break out of my normal routine and do something incredible? To face death one-on-one and be fearless; to act on it instead of hiding in a corner? A few years ago, I wanted to go on an adventure and try to find the actual Ark of the Covenant. I knew it wouldn't be as exciting as "Indiana Jones and the Raiders of the Lost Ark", but I wanted to find it, just to cement my name in history. To rediscover it for mankind and actually see what it holds. It still excites me to think about it! All the research I did and information I gathered, it seems silly now, but to do it was exhilarating.

  I still want my adventure. And who says it has to be only one? These adventures could entail finding real love, saving a life, or even discovering something. In reality, I need to be thankful that I don't have to risk my life everyday. I should be happy to work a normal security job, where I'm not threatened all the time. Still, it's always fun to think about doing something extradionary.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment